VMworld in Las Vegas is starting on 15. september. There has been a lot of talk about the new version of ESX 4.0. The product is currently in private beta.
Lets take a look at some new cool features:
- 64bit kernel and console operating system (COS)
- clustered VirtualCenter Servers
- ESX hosts profile management
- cross-hosts virtual networking
- 8-way virtual SMP
- virtual machines fault tolerance across multiple hosts (the famous Continuous Availability presented last year)
- VMs and media library
- alarms on physical hardware faults
- access control on storage resources
- configuration change tracking
- full support for SATA local storage
It has been said that this is just a small list of new features. More to come later.
More details : virtualization.info